Best Dog Food for Huskies Reviews
Huskies are elegant-active dog breeds known for their soft thick fur and dashing blue colored eyes. They are well known for their athletic structured body and high intellectual reasoning. Huskies are deemed to originate from Siberia/North-East Asia (hence called Siberian Husky) and first domesticated by the Chuckchi people.
Huskies are great home and field pets but require proper training to discipline. Huskies are energetic and should not be confined in small spaces, they’re best habituated in open fields. So here you can find the best dog food for huskies listed below.
What to Feed a Siberian Husky?
Different dog breeds have different diets, with that being said, a Husky should be fed with its own appropriate diet plan. Siberian huskies are field/work dogs that have a different metabolism rate than other dogs. They can go-on a meal once or twice a day at matured age. The best dog food for Siberian husky can be analyzed by taking into account the following categories. Huskies with similar dogs are known to have three feeding categories.
- Fresh/Raw meals (Meat/Vegetables)
- Dry meals & Wet meals (Commercial/canned)
- Both (Fresh and Commercial)
Siberian huskies are to be fed with nutritious high meals to replenish their energy and keep them fit and healthy. Most owners feed their huskies with home-cooked meals, meals such as grilled/sauced steaks, Fish, vegetable salads etc. This feeding option isn’t as highly practiced as Commercial method, simply because of the cost of ingredients and time involved in the process and danger in feeding a toxic substance, e.g, onions. Commercial meals can be less expensive and also costly, most cheap commercial meals are low in nutrition and require more than one serving to meet the nutritional value needed by the Husky.
Siberian husky food should be rich in vitamins, carbohydrates, fats and oil and proteins for efficient growth and stability against diseases. Mixing the raw meals with industrial ready-to-eat meals can sometimes be a risk to their health, if not served in an appropriate potion or scale. The digestion of raw and canned meals is different. The chemical composition of both meals digesting at the same time is dangerous to Husky’s health. To avoid such casualties, Dog food manufacturers produce specially made meals that can be safely mixed with home-cooked meals.
How Much to Feed a Husky Puppy?
Huskies don’t eat like other dogs. They were breed in harsh environments, where accessibility to food was scarce. Their consumption rates are low but should be rich nutrients. Husky puppies should be fed three times a day from 2 – 9 months of age. Stable and rich dieting is important at their early age to help build strong bones and proper growth. Husky puppies following the 1-1-1 routine, means, 1 meal in the morning, 1 meal early in the afternoon and 1 meal early in the evening. As the Husky grows the schedules can be reduced to 1-0-1 to 0-1-0 depending on the condition.
Huskies are energetic-disciplined dogs that require well monitored training and produce outstanding results. Thus the appropriate caring and feeding procedures are to be ensured to bring out the best in them. Understanding their ways and habits also enlightens us more about their nature. From gathering more Intel about these prestigious dogs we have evidently seen they are excellent field dogs and have remarkable strength to efficiently function as sled dogs. They make good family pets and have a keen-tender nature in family settings.
Here best food for huskies is enlisted. This might be helpful for choosing the right food for your husky.
1.Blue Wilderness Salmon for Adult Dogs.
Blue Wildernesses took this rich endowed meal from the diet of wolves, reputed for their fit and agile growth strength. Blue Wilderness Salmon is highly rich in proteins and completely grain free, giving your husky, a salmon rich taste. This husky dog food might even become your pup’s favorite food. This food enhances the muscle development and provides your husky with a healthy immune system. Due to the presence of calcium and phosphorus, this food promotes the bones and teeth of your dog. It also enhances the joint function and keeps your dog energetic. It also keeps your dog active with shiny and healthy skin coat.
- The Blue wilderness salmon for adult dogs does not contain grains.
- It also does not contain by-products from any animals including chicken by-product or poultry by-product in general.
- It is a great meal for adult dogs, as it offers no preservatives or artificial flavors
- It contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to aid the appearance of a healthy coat and skin.
- Packed full of phosphorus and calcium, the blue wilderness salmon dog meal helps in the promotion of strong teeth and bones.
- The meal contains necessary essential vitamins and nutrients (carbohydrates and proteins) to provide energy to maintain an active lifestyle and better muscle development.
- One of the main disadvantages of the product is the price.
- The dog food contains high carbohydrates, protein, and fat content which may not be the best for less active dogs.
- It might not be a great option for dogs who dislike the look, smell, or taste of fish.
We recommend the Blue Wilderness Salmon for Adult Dogs because it is almost perfect for adult dogs. Compared to other dog foods, it contains no added preservative or artificial flavors. It is a great source for omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and it contains appropriate portions of both carbohydrates and proteins needed for growth in adult dogs.
Overall the Blue Wilderness salmon for adult dogs is a great product, and we recommend it to all clients looking to find a great meal for their dogs.
2.Wellness Core Original – Grain-free Turkey and Chicken Meal
The Turkey and Chicken meal manufactured by Core is rich in 65% proteins and other nutrients to aid optimal growth and development in digestion process. If your husky is in the growing stage, then this food might be mandatory to enhance the growth with optimal care. This food is grain free which contains protein content in its food which enables your dog to have a healthy diet. It develops the overall well-being of your dog. It improves the digestive system and the immunity power of your dog. Due to their calcium content, it improves the teeth and gums of your dog.
- Its top advantage is that it is a grain-free product. The grain-free difference of Wellness Core original products is what it makes it popular.
- The dog food contains no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- For the quality of the dog food gotten, the price point is relatively affordable.
- It is easily accessible and offers no major issues in customers
- It is high in meat fiber counts and is enjoyed by different dog breeds.
- The dog food is packed full of animal fats and nutrients and comes in average sizes good enough for adult dogs to nibble on.
- A minor disadvantage of this product is the taste. If your dog(s) is used to the sweetness of other dog foods, it might be difficult for the dog to adapt to the wellness brand one.
- The Wellness Core Original contains flaxseed which can become an issue for breeders.
The Wellness Core Original dog food brand is one of the most popular dog food brands in the market. It offers a nice variety, and its meals are very dog friendly. Unlike other dog food, the taste of the Wellness Core Original does not agree well with most dogs, especially if they are used to the sweetness of other dog foods.
Despite this, the Wellness Core Original Grain-free Turkey and Chicken Meal is high in meat fiber content count and is packed full of fat and nutrient need for adequate dog growth.
3.Taste Of The Wild Grain Free High Protein Dry Dog Food High Prairie Puppy
This is one of the good dog food for huskies since the key ingredient is meat. It is known that meat should be laced in every meal for a growing Husky. Taste of the Wild provides the venison & Bison meat package, making meat the major ingredient. It is a fact that all dogs love meat and Huskies in particular need meat in their food every day. In such a case, this would be the right pick for your pup.
This food’s hearty combination gives your dog with taste sensational food like no other dog food. As a husky owner, you must provide your dog with the taste of the wild. So provide him with one. He would be delighted.
- The taste of the wild grain-free high protein dog food does not contain any colors, preservatives, or flavors.
- This dog food also contains appropriate nutrients, and are a great source of carbohydrates.
- This dog brand, although grain-free, offers high meat content and is accessible at an affordable price. Huskies looking to gain weight can choose from a variety of sizes.
- It contains all the necessary vitamins for dog growth and metabolism.
- Not all dog foods made by the Taste of the Wild brand has been acknowledged by the Association of American Feed Control Officials.
Another great dog food we recommend is the Taste of the Wild Grain-free High protein praire. As it is written in its name, the Taste of the wild Grain-free high protein praire is packed full of the necessary protein needed to for dog growth and health. It does not contain any artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors.
It offers high meat content despite it being grain-free. In totality, we recommend the Taste of the Wild Grain-free High protein praire, as it is a great option for dogs who are not supposed to consume grains or eat less grains.
4.Nutrish DISH Beef & Brown Rice Recipe With Veggies, Fruit & Chicken
You get an all-in-one package from Nutrish DISH, garnished with beef, chicken, brown rice and vegetables required for a healthy happy Husky. Their ingredient renders the best meal for your pup due to their flavor and nourishment. This is known to be a premium meal for your husky. This food ensures that the chicken ingredient added to this food is farm raised and also contains small bits of apples, carrots and peas. Their ingredients are carefully selected to make sure that the dogs get a nutritious meal.
One unique thing about this dog food is that the food ingredients are selected and made in such a way that the food is equally nourished as it is being prepared for a human. So this food can enable your dog to have all the vitamins and minerals it needs.
- The Nutrish dish is popular for having farm-raised beef as its one of the main ingredient.
- The dog food contains adequate vitamins and minerals to promote the health of your dog.
- The company boasts of properly and safely cooked meals with the best ingredients.
- The dog food contains no by-product of poultry, artificial flavors, or preservatives. It also contains no wheat, gluten, or soy ingredients.
- The food contains real veggies, meat, and fruits.
- It might be a little difficult for your dog to transition from his old meal to the Nutrish brand.
Another great dog food that makes our list is the Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe and Veggies, Fruit and Chicken. It is a great meal for growing dogs. One of the best pros for this meal is that, all is its beef is farm-raised.
This means that the beef is authentic and from a credible source. In addition, the Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe and Veggies, Fruit and Chicken contains all the necessary minerals and vitamins to promote the health of your dog. All the dog meals from this brand are safely cooked and because of this, we recommend it to all our dog lovers.
5.Diamond Naturals Adult Dog Beef Meal :Diamond Dog food review
Highly Nutritious in beef protein and other super foods, Your Husky will be feeding on rich essentials like Carbohydrates for stronger bones and muscles. This food enhances the nutrition level of your pup, so if you want your dog to have a healthy and nutritious meal, then this might be your thing. You have the ingredients such as pasture raised beef which is specially tailored for the consumption by adult dogs.
The presence of fatty acids provides your dog with shiny skin coat. This food is completely safe as it contains no artificial colors and preservatives. This food is prepared by strictly following the advanced food safety protocols. This food also controls the hairballs.
- The dog food was specially formulated with probiotics and fresh fruit and vegetables to help support digestion.
- Diamond Naturals contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which helps with maintaining dog skin and coat.
- The dog food is infused with real animal protein with no wheat, corn, artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.
- The animal protein helps with maintaining the energy levels of the dogs, as well as keeping the meal savory.
- Switching from your dog food to the Diamond Naturals brand might take some time, as client dogs experience vomiting.
- Clients have complained of the kibble size is a little too large for their pups.
Diamond Naturals Adult Beef Meals is definitely a popular dog food brand. This meal in particular contains all the necessary probiotics for proper bowel movements in dogs. This is not often found in dog meals, and this is why it makes our list. It contains fruit and vegetables, as well as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for helping maintain dog coat and skin growth.
They contain no artificial coloring, preservatives, or flavors. In totality, we recommend the Diamond Naturals Adult Beef Meals to dog lovers looking for a new dog food brand for their awesome pets.
6.CANIDAE All Life Stages Dog Dry Food : CANIDAE Dog Food Review
That is an ideal brand that’s not only comfortable for Huskies but can be used by other dogs too. This saves money and time when serving a house of different dogs. CANIDAE chips in superb ingredients that’s generally edible and equally nourishes them. For a dog lover with all kinds of breeds roaming all around the house, then this food might make things easier in terms of segregation. This food renders healthy digestion, healthy immune system and beautiful skin coat. This food is suitable for all dogs irrespective of their size, age and breed. They are rich in protein which makes it nutritionally dense.
- Canidae dog food is made properly with lamb, chicken, fish, and turkey.
- The dog food contains vitamins and minerals to help promote healthy digestion.
- Complete with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to help promote and maintain a healthier coat.
- The dog food contains appropriate levels of probiotics and antioxidants to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Switching from your dog food to the Canidae brand might take some time, as client dogs experience vomiting.
The last but not least brand is the Canidae All Life Stages Dry Food. This dog food is packed full of nutrients and vitamins. It is made with chicken, fish, turkey, and lamb which is great for dog growth. Like the other dog foods that makes this list, the Canidae All Life Stages Dry Food contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for maintaining the skin and coat of the dogs.
It also contains probiotics and antioxidants for bowel movements and maintaining a healthy immune system. Like the others, we recommend the Canidae All Life Stages Dry Food for clients looking for a nice meal for their pets.
Raising a normal breed pup itself is known to be a tedious task particularly when it comes to the selection of food and other accessories. When it comes to huskies, the difficulty is huge. So this article might ease the struggle in choosing the right food. So get the best food for your husky and let your pup have the best meal every day.
Best Dog Food for Huskies question and answer section :
What are some of the best puppy foods for huskies?
These six dog food brands are loved by the husky owner in USA . So those are the best puppy foods for huskies.
What is the best kind of food for pure bred Huskies?
This answer is the same as above question
What is the best dry food for husky puppy aged 50 days?
Please Select one from above dry food for husky puppy reviews
What should huskies not to eat
Here is the list of foods that should never be given to your beloved husky
- Tea and coffe
Can Huskies drink milk?
You should not give milk to dog because dogs lack digestive enzime called lactage. For this enzime ,your husky can facing these problem “bloating,gas,Diarrhea etc. So avoid drinking milk of your husky .
What fruits can Huskies eat?
Here is the list of food husky can eat
- Apples (But No Seeds)
- Bell Peppers
- Brussel Sprouts
- Coconut (But No Husk)
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potatoes
What does huskies love to eat most?
chicken, beef, lamb, fish, fruits and vegetables etc.
When can a husky start eating adult dog food?
After 3 years
What kind of foods do Siberian Huskies like more to eat?
The answer is same as above question .
How long can Huskies go without food?
3 to 5 days .
What is a good brand of dog food for a Husky?
already answered in 1st question
You Can Also check
Top 6 Best Dog Food for Huskies Reviews and Comparison
In my best dog food for huskies reviews article ,I am going to review some best food for huskies and discuss all about siberian husky food that help you select the good dog food for huskies .Hope you like it .